Certificate of Occupancy

A request for an application for a Certificate of Occupancy must be filed with the City of Falls Church Department of Environmental Services. The Zoning Administrator checks the proposed use and parking requirements for conformance with zoning ordinances. If it is in compliance, the Inspection Division makes arrangements for on-site inspections by the appropriate city agencies. The filing fee varies with the type of use. If you work out of your home, you will need a Home Occupancy Permit. 

For an application, contact the Department of Development Services.